Saturday, September 26, 2009

Painting Apples....

"No no no silly girl that is not what I meant!" The elementary school art teacher exclaimed.

I replied, rather angrily "Yeah well that is what you said teacher! You said we were painting apples today. So that is what I have done."


Who am I? I am an artist, with that unique name above. I know horrible isn't it, its pronounced like 'Jon-car-la'.

Or you can call me Gigi. No one calls me that but I wish they did. Instead they brutally massacre my name then pretend they are sorry when they are just confused as to why someone would name their child that. ;-)

I love art. I love to learn and get right into every medium I can afford and some I cannot! As long as I can remember, when making art I felt like my brain works differently than others. I used to take it as criticism and I took it negatively until one day when my High School art teacher said to me once"Its amazing how your brain works, the hard stuff you get done with ease then you stop on the easy stuff, questioning it too much I think, if you can get over that you will be an art genius unlike world has ever seen!"

Nice huh? Except I don't think I've quite gotten over that 'making easy difficult in my mind' part. Yet.

Why am I blogging? Because I love the art of everything including blogging. I had to leave my former blog because I needed a new home here on blogspot, in hopes of finding other artful souls that might appreciate my writings. I think we all need a personal place to write...oh yeah that's called a diary isn't it? Well think of this place as my online diary or sorts. Where I express myself as I wish. I ask two things...be patient please, I get stuck in 'modes' of sorts when I am creating and often days will go by without me knowing what day it is.

The second thing I ask is that you allow me bad days. Yes, I am a moody one. few allow me that. To have some bad days. In exchange I will do the same. Bad days allowed for all! They are what make the good days so worth noticing aren't they?

oh boy I'm thrilled to get started here...there is so much to show....much to show!

XOXO

Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails