Monday, September 28, 2009

wearable art...

Ok so I am LOVING painting on fabric. I found the most wonderful of paints to use too thanks to the purchase of an ebook by Princess Tomato on youcanmakethis.com.
She has a BUNCH of helpful tips in there but what made me happy was when she said she used these trichem paints.!


I LOVE them, The only drawback is that they cost a lot, for me anyway, and though they are like using a ball point pen, which makes the drawing part easy I hate having to squeeze them at an angle to pool the paint so I can mix colors and shade with a brush. Sometimes this happens...



Yup they are metal tubes so its only so much squeezing they can take and they crack and paint oozes out the sides instead of the tip. The manufacturer states on the bottles to NOT squeeze. But I see it as a precaution, just so you know the outcome, type warning. ;-) Yes. I do like to make some things difficult. Thank you very much. ;p

I have a tendency to use tables for the wrong thing too....


Yup that is my pallet, my mixing grounds. Yes I have plastic pallets, wooden ones, even a glass one around here somewhere but who needs that when you have tables meant for parties that you can easily cover up with a table cloth during party time then reveal your record of past works captured on a cheap table top. This alone should be framed and mounted in my opinion! LOL

Ok so all this fuss is worth it in the end... I make fun painted clothing for children of all ages. I sell them as one of a kinds or occasionally I will remake them for any size. I list them on ebay and then use the money to buy into more paint or a new craft of some sort. This is my addiction...selling one medium to feed another. yeah, yeah I am a mother so in between I do hit the shoe store and take them for ice cream too. I have four children so they clean me out pretty regularly. No pedicures or manicures or trip to the hair salon for me. Oh no I have far too much mothers guilt and art addiction to even think of spending it on vanity. So I'm a homely, stay at home mom, artist. SO what? ;-)

Here are some of my past painted works....






These paints are cool because they are totally washable! I'm not saying they won't fade. My husband has done our laundry and though it was SOOOO helpful, you are NOT to put these in the dryer! I mean you can, and he did and yes the paint was still there but after that they started to fade. So I had to touch up and then watch the painted stuff like a hawk! LOL SO much for hubbys help with the laundry. However I was a good wife and should have won an Oscar for the 'so thankful that he did the kids laundry for me' performance. I would have thanked God, my family and tri-chem paints for sure!

Ok that is all for today. I'm tired and have a lovely walking field trip to look forward to in the morning with my daughters 2nd grade class. Oh the freaking joy i feel right now.

XOXO
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails