Monday, November 9, 2009

All set to move....

Ok so we got news over the weekend that the roof has been repaired and given a two year warranty that transfers over to us so we are back on schedule to move! yay!!! One week until closing!!!

So I have been like UBER busy....UBER...yes.

Lets see how i can make this short...

OH BIG NEWS!!!

I am no longer homeschooling.
The wonderful charter school that my son was lucky enough to get into called that there was an opening for my daughter!

She started today.

So I am still in shock. Left alone in the eerie silence of my home with a little joy mixed with a little sadness and a little feeling without purpose mixed with a little excited because I can think of what I want to do.
I had given up on my own goals to get her where she needed to be educationally. With constant judgment from people with their useless opinions it was hard. I had to constantly fight against the inner need to validate myself through others eyes.
Yeah that was rough.

But No one can tell me what my child really needs. In her elementary school she went up until the 4th grade where in a grading system that 4 being the best and 0 being the worst she started the first trimester with 3's and the second trimester with 2's and ended with 1's yet still was passed on to the 5th grade.

I don't think so.

So I felt that I HAD to take action. And I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that I did.
Even though we were sure she would be home until next year for the 7th grade, this year I chose curriculum materials that reflected a combination of 5th 6th and 7th grade. I wanted her to waltz right in and feel confident with her abilities right off the bat next year but that turned out to be sooner!

It worked for my son that was home schooled for the 6th grade. He is one of the school's prized students academically, also he was selected twice to speak and write on charter schools, as the right to have charter schools at all is coming up for review and the state board of education has been visiting the charter schools to decide if they get to continue.

From what I know just this short 6 months I think the board of education needs to be looking at all the OTHER schools and threatening them!

This charter school is using the same funding per student but with their modern computer programs and ability to compile each childs educational data DAILY for parents to log in and view or opt to receive emails- their test scores in EVERY subject are so much higher and the atmosphere is so much more positive than any regular public school. And they are FREE! But because of the limits the state has put on charter schools they are in a small building for now and have a waiting list of 1800+ students. Its like winning the lottery if you get in. So you get the magnitude of what has happened to us with TWO children getting in!!!!

I feel so blessed that both of my oldest children are able to attend school there. With average public schools letting them down so badly it is nice to see that it wasn't too late.

The other great thing is that this wonderful public school has grades 4 through 12th grade! So its a good chance that they will get this great education all the way until college starts!

Now I have to pray and hope that my other two daughters can get in for 4th grade and have the same opportunity.

Us Moms never rest when it comes to our babies do we?

I think that is a good thing. So keep up the good work Moms! Together we will change the world one baby at a time!;-)

Ok time to clean and get ready to start a new life.... such possibilities...

xoxo
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails