Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Embellished goodness

Thanks to a special client that I worked with this last month, I was inspired to actually work on Embellishing prints! So this last week I worked hard on scanning and tweaking my own art images and then hand painting aspects of them that I found couldn't really be captured truly.

What I have found is that its almost like creating new works from previously existing works! I print the image on high quality canvas and then hand embellish each print using my colored pencils or iridescent paints, or whatever was used in the original piece that I feel might have been lost in the printing. Its great, though time consuming, I feel like I can offer somewhat original works more than once. I really don't want to create more than two or three prints of each piece ever, but it has been fun to revisit each piece and fall in love with them again!



So today in my Etsy shop I started adding Embellished prints! I'm very excited about this! I hope you like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails