Saturday, July 13, 2013

Oh dear, it looks like the tea has gone to the dogs!! {Welcome to our Mad Tea Party 2013!}

Welcome! It's time for our entry for the 2013 Mad Tea Party hosted by the illustrious hostess Vanessa V of A Fanciful Twist. If this is your first time hearing of such a thing then I encourage you to follow the link to find years past of wonderful Mad Tea Parties from around the globe and beyond!

  Here is our tale of a quite unusual tea party in Wonderland....






"Greetings my good fellow, So glad that you have made it to tea!" said the Hatter.



"Alice is here...er...somewhere. Oh ALICE my dear come here and meet our wonderful guests! Oh where has that girl gone to?" said Hatter

 "Here I am!" shouted Alice, "I was talking to...well...er....growling at that pesky Cheshire cat....that pesky ol' cat... OH! Our guests are here! Hooray!" called Alice "How wonderful to make your acquaintance"




"It is so lovely to see you again dear Hatter" said Alice "Oh the treat is all mine, my dear." said the Hatter




 "Yes, yes...now how about some proper tea! Yes? I have already served you up some of your favorite Alice, Jasmine tea, plucked from the Red Queen's garden just this week!"


"Oh how delightful!" Exclaimed Alice as she anxiously began to lap up the tea "lap, lap lap"


"Wait a moment..."said alice, "Did you say this tea is from the QUEEN'S Garden???!!!??? Oh DEAR, won't she be furious if she finds us drinking her precious Jasmine tea from her garden?? Hatter! I might lose my head!" Exclaimed Alice

 "Well my dear Alice, you and your furry little head are in luck, for the Queen is away, watching the caucus race and won't be back until winter! So there is no good sense in letting all that lovely Jasmine go to waste is there?"

 "Oh Hooray!" shouted Alice and she began to dance a happy little jig all around.



"Yes it is quite delightful indeed" said Hatter, feeling a little embarrassed for Alice, for her dancing skills were a tad bit unrefined. "Come now and enjoy the tea before it gets cold, my dear"


"Happy Happy Happy, I'm so hap-'lap lap lap lap'-py!" She sang as she enjoyed her Jasmine Tea.

 "Oh Alice, you are positively Mad about this tea!" Hatter laughed then, talking to his audience, he said: "Did you hear that? I made a joke! Ha ha!" He said, feeling rather clever.

"Clean Cup! Move Down!" Shouted Hatter and they moved on to another cup of tea. Alice decided to do another dance to show her excitement for her fresh cup of tea.

 Alice spilled a bit of tea and began to lap it up "Must not waste a drop!" she said. "Oh Alice" sighed the Hatter.


"Its as if she were raised by wolves, I tell you, but her atrocious manners do not make me love her any less!" The Hatter explained to his audience.

"Yipeeee for Tea and Yipeee for Hatter!" shouted Alice as she began to dance again.
"Oh I could not agree more, my dear Alice, Yipee Indeed!" said Hatter


And this continued for the rest of the day. More Dancing. More tea and more of Hatter's silly jokes!


The End. 

Thank you for coming to our silly tea party!  Thank you to Vanessa of A Fanciful twist for hosting this annual event of whimsy! To attend many more wonderful tea parties from around the globe be sure to visit  here and view the side bar for a list and party away! 
Happy Tea Party Day!!! :-) 

Xoxo,
 Ginger the dog, Chewy the dog and family!

Chewy as The Hatter
Thank you so much for coming to our Tea Party! We've enjoyed your visit immensely! 
See you Next year!!
Ginger as Alice


About the photos:
This years' players were our own "Ginger" the Pomeranian Chihuahua mix that we adopted from our local animal shelter in 2009 at one year old, played the part of Alice. Ginger is usually the one that behaves but she gave us quite the workout getting her to sit at the table!
The part of the Hatter was played by our other lovable rescue "Chewy" which is short for Chewbacca, whom we adopted in early 2011 when he was just a 4 month old ball of cuteness. He usually is a stubborn guy so we had quite the shock when we put on the clothing and sat him in the chair he stayed! Hat and all, he stayed and seemed to 'smile' at the camera!

My husband and I also have a photography business and we also have a rather large assortment of "Wonderland" themed props! (my guilty pleasure) 
We were so happy to put them to use again this year, with our "fur babies" which worked out better than we hoped.
 We do hope that you enjoyed it as much as we did creating it!

You can view our past tea parties here: 2010, 2011, 2012


xoxo
Gigi 


 

35 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a lovely Mad Tea Party...thanks for sharing .
    Have a great day...
    hugs
    Kerstin from Germany

    http://cobblestone-prims.blogspot.de/2013/07/happy-un-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Loved the Party! Thanks so much for the invite.
    Wende

    http://creativeartseatables.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/tea-party-madness/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA - oh my gosh - what fun! Seriously, just great and made me laugh. :)


    Thanks for letting me share in your magic. When you have a free moment, drop by my tea party.

    ~ Misha

    http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/832697.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you enjoyed our little furry players in their debut!
      I stopped by your lovely party and had a magical time. I so love these annual parties, so much inspiration and so wonderful to meet kindred spirits. Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Ohh hahaah! I loved it! A wonderful party!

    http://niffy.ca/mad-tea-party-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful doggon tea party!!! Such a treat and little Alice especially is so sweet! thank you so much for hosting your lovely tea and thank you for inviting me!

    ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed your wonderful tea party!The dogs are so cute!

    http://daylily777-myenchantedhome.blogspot.com/2013/07/mad-tea-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a seriously cute tea party! I really enjoyed my visit!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! What lovely and well behaved characters you had to work with. So great, I enjoyed every bit. I ant those mushrooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I just fainted!!!!!!!

    I am in love. That's it, my ehart is full to bursting.

    This was the tea party of all parties.

    I can't wait to show everyone I know!!!!!

    Your pups are amazing!!!

    Thank you all for being a part of the Mad Tea Party ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how AH-dorable! I love dogs!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    Please feel free to come back to my party and bring your furbabies with you. This is one of the *best* parties I've ever seen.

    I just shared your post with my daughter. We are both smitten!

    Thanks for stopping by my party and leaving such a kind comment.
    Happy Mad Tea Party Day!
    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gigi and Chewy as Alice and The Mad Hatter are adorable. I enjoyed my time at your pretty Tea party with your fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok all the parties with their kids is cute, but with their pets... is better. I enjoyed immensely. Thank you.

    Won't you come for a visit: Brigit the Pug in Wonderland www.theplayoflightandshadow.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tea party is just so Wonderland. Strange and beautiful. Very much in the Lewis Carroll Spirit. What a lady you are who can arrange a party like this. XXX from Sara in Sweden

    http://www.snovitsapple.blogspot.se/2013/07/a-tea-party-with-fauns-satyrs-and-pan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I loke that your blog has the word apples in it- the name of my blog is Snövits äpple which is Swedish for Snowwhite´s Apple:)

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha this was so crazy cute. Loved it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous doggy party, thank you so much for inviting me :)

    I hope you will pop by and visit my party also:
    http://www.madmadammel.com/2013/07/mad-tea-party-2013.html

    Mad Madam Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This party is right up my alley! My basset hound Emma would love it!!! Two paws up.

    My fairy party: http://thedesigningfairy.com/2013/07/13/mad-tea-party/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a delightful doggie tale (no pun intended!)
    Gigi & Chewy win Oscars, And the Photograph Oscar goes to you and your hubby!
    Thanks for an enjoyable party!
    -Blanche

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! This was so adorable! I am such a sucker for babies in hats, I loved it! Must have taken all day to get those shots, so cute! Hope you stop over for a visit to my party too.
    ~Susan

    http://flutterbeforeyou.blogspot.com/2013/07/mad-hatters-tea-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a fun tea party!!! love it!
    thank you for having me
    Lisa
    http://crochetcrowe.blogspot.com/2013/07/mad-tea-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh what an amazing Doggy tea party! The outfits and poses! Your Mad Hatter in particular is so gorgeous, made me smile.

    Thank you so much for having me, happy Mad Tea Party!

    Please do come visit my 2 interwoven fairytale inspired stories-

    1. The White Queen as she prepares her Mad Tea Party for her eleven dancing sisters in:
    http://idlebakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/a-mad-tea-party-for-twelve-dancing.html

    2. The dancing princesses dancing their way all over the land to reach her Mad Tea Party:
    http://kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-twelve-dancing-princesses-make.html

    I look forward to serving you a home made rose macaron or two at my tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet! What a fantastic party! Thank you for visiting mine and inviting me. I am so glad that I stopped by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness a puppy party! How on earth did you get them to pose, that is so sweet!

    http://broomsticksandlace.blogspot.ca/2013/07/a-fanciful-twist-mad-tea-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun! I just adored your tea party! Such sweet doggies!!!! Thank you for a great time! :)

    I welcome you to come and visit my party...
    http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2013/07/2013-mad-tea-party-and-giveaway.html

    Enjoy the festivities! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations to your fur babies for doing such a lovely job. Chewy was a champ for sure. It was a delight!

    http://heartsdelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Gigi, what a wonderful tea party! Your fur babies are so adorable! What a great idea! I had great fun here. Thank you for visiting my tea party. I had a very busy weekend so I am still making my way around.
    Happy Madness and Muchness Week!
    Sylvia
    Anaboo Creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. Unique idea, a doggie tea party!
    ~Tricia, Fairy Godmother at the Castle {and Sweet Rascal Photos}
    Please join my tea party too! http://sweetrascalphotos.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/a-fairytale-teaparty/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh goodness, I am rather late, but so glad I made it! A tea party hosted by dogs - I love it! There are so many things I love about your tea party I don't even know where to begin...the dogs of course but also the adorable table, those fabulous pink velvet chairs and that adorable mushroom!! I really need to find one. Did you make it?

    We have three dogs - one showed up at our tea party. Funny, he looks a lot like your Chewy and that was even a name we considered giving him since he seemed to chew up most everything. But we settled with 'Bandit'. All of our dogs are rescues also - kudos to you for being a life saver!!

    Please do stop by our little shindig soon ~ Ta ta!!


    XoXo,
    Kristal
    http://gracegoods.typepad.com/grace_goods/2013/07/welcome-to-our-mad-house-for-mad-tea-2013-.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm still working at visiting everyone's Mad Tea Parties!

    I loved your dear little doggies as The Hatter and Alice! So cute and creative!!! Very sweet!

    I hope you will come by and have tea with me at The Tearoom. The party is still going on here and I have a giveaway!
    http://gossamertearoom.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-secret-life-of-mad-hatter.html

    Wishing you a lovely day,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well you know you are ranked among my favorite tea parties to visit!
    I have shared your link with many friends.

    How wonderful for you to show what a huge part of the family rescue dogs are.

    Still, I think we had better party hard and clean up before the red queen returns!

    ReplyDelete
  31. best tea party ever .. oh my love the doggy's in their outfits , oh that hat

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh me, oh my, what a wonderful party! I am just enchanted by this. Both Alice and the Mad Hatter are adorable. Your setting is beautiful. Thanks for having me to the party (though I came a bit late).

    Tea's still brewing at my place. Stop by if you'd like.
    http://reclaimingmybohomojo.blogspot.com/2013/07/mad-tea-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. This has been a pure delight. Your fur babies are stars! I love how you and your husband captured everything. How cool to have the props and a great occasion to pull them out. I loved every detail. Well done.

    Swing by my party post. I have some party favors for everyone and a chance to win a prize. I think you'll enjoy the music in my little video. Check it out.


    `*.¸.*´ ¸.•´¸.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*•

    (¸¸¸.•*¨`*•.•´*.¸.•´* .•´*¸¸.•*¨`*• ♥♥

    ~ Kathryn
    www.collagediva.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails