Saturday, July 12, 2014

Babes in Wonderland~ Welcome to our Mad Tea Party 2014

 WELCOME
 I am so very glad to see you here today!

Happy Mad Tea Party day!

I would like to thank our host, the illustrious Vanessa Valencia of A Fanciful Twist.
Thank you dear for 7 years of delightful madness and wonderful spots of tea from all over the world! 
Such fun indeed!


Did you ever wonder when the first mad tea party was? I don't mean the fanciful twist kind but THE actual FIRST ever Mad Tea Party? With Alice and The Mad Hatter himself?  Did you ever wonder?

You did?

GREAT.

Feast your eyes on some very antiquated photographery of the most fantastical kind! 

BABY PHOTOS

Yes that is right! Alice and Hatter go way, way back! 

You don't believe it do you?

Well seeing is believing, so take a gander below and gawk and gaze and be amazed at the utter cuteness that no one can resist!

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you...

THE

VERY

FIRST

MAD TEA PARTY


Sometime in Wonderland...


Alice and Hatter sat to tea for the very first time. 
"Goo goo, ga ga" They said. Which meant "How splendid this is!"

Umm... I think I should just translate the baby talk from here on out. :-)


"Good Day, Alice." Said the super cute Mad Hatter, as he kindly tipped his hat.
  

 "Care for a spot of tea, Alice?" asked Hatter and before Alice could say anything he began
 to pour the tea. 
(His mother was securing his hat for a moment there)
 "...and more tea, and more tea and more!" shouted hatter as he began to furiously fill every cup on the table with tea.
"Oh poo,there are no more cups." said hatter with a little pout.



 "Hatter you are quite mad, are you aware of that? I think I shall call you the Mad Hatter from now on because you are simply mad about pouring tea!" said Alice with a chuckle.

Hatter gave her a look...




Alice quickly thought and said "Though I have never had such fabulous tea, Mad Hatter. I can see why you love it so!" she said, in a loving way as to not offend her companion.


 "Mmmmm... such good tea and sweets" Said Alice. "I think I shall relax a bit now, since I am in the company of a friend. Isn't that right Mad Hatter? Can I call you my friend?" Asked Alice.
 Hatter was very moved at such a notion of friendship that he removed his hat and gently wiped the confectioners sugar from his face. He had secretly hoped that this would happen.
"Why, nothing would make me happier my dear Alice" He said in a faint voice, for he was very moved indeed.






"Wonderful!" said Alice. The she whispered "I think you shall be my very best friend, Hatter."



"Oh how splendid that is my dear Alice!" Said hatter, "Now let us celebrate our best friendship with more tea, shall we?"



"And cakes! Don't forget the cakes!" said Alice.

 
Then Alice proceeded to not forget the cakes.



"More tea please?" Asked Alice.


"I'm working on that now." said Hatter
"Hmmm....how does this work? How do I make more tea? Oh I know, simply pour all the old cups of tea into the teapot. Yes that seems to have made some fresh tea." mumbled Hatter to himself.

"Fresh tea at last!" said hatter as he continued his mad pouring of tea.



"My hat feels a bit heavy, let me adjust it a bit" said Hatter as he fiddled with his extraordinary hat.


"Uh oh. Alice! Alice! Its gone dark, Alice!"



"I do believe I am lost inside of my hat, Alice." said Hatter calmly. "Would you mind helping me?"



"Oh dear, Mad Hatter. I do believe you may need a break from that hat." suggested Alice.


"There. Oh I like how it feels on my head." Said Alice, "How do I look?"



"Silly." said Hatter "You better give it back and have some more tea and cakes!"




So she did and they continued this way happily for quite some time. :)





The End.

Thank you for attending our little party today!

We are so happy to participate in the 7th annual Mad Tea Party.

You can see our past Mad Tea Party posts in the links below 







A very special thank you to my very good friends The Bordeau's, for lending me their 2 youngest children for this special photo project. I do believe we all enjoyed watching this pair of young siblings enjoy the delights of tea partying! :-)
 I am blessed to have great friends.

{My husband and I have a small but thriving photography business. You can see our website here . You will see these very children there quite a bit! The little girl{Alice} is just one year old and her brother {Mad Hatter} is just over 2. They are the most busy, smart, and the sweetest pair of little humans that you will ever meet! :-)}





45 comments:

  1. The very first tea party! What a clever idea. Love the hat! I do hope you will come visit my little tea party and Giveaway! FairyTalePhotoArt.com
    ~Tricia (my tea party link below):
    http://castlesncrownsboutique.blogspot.com/2014/07/mad-tea-party-2014-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I stopped by your tea party as well and have a lovely time! <3

      Delete
  2. You have captured the most precious expressions!
    That hatter is maddenly clever.

    http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-fanciful-twists-7th-annual-mad-tea.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy Happy Mad tea party day!

      Delete
  3. That is such a brilliant and novel idea for the party, your photos are beautiful, but it's your two actors that undoubtedly steal the photo shoot. A magical time looks like it was had by all, including me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. So glad that you had magical time! :)

      Delete
  4. OH my goodness! This is the very best ever tea party post yet! I totally love everything about this...what a darling idea! I'm having such fun visiting all the lovely party posts today, but yours really takes the (cup)cake!

    Hope you'll stop by our party, as well!
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! You are too kind! I did stop by your party and enjoyed myself thoroughly!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness gracious - what a fun tea party to visit. My grandchildren usually help me with my annual Mad Tea Party, but this time I, too, "borrowed" an adorable friend of theirs. It does make for fun times in the process and in the memories, doesn't it. Thank you for such a delightful visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! We had so much fun watching the kids go at the pouring of tea and eating the cupcakes and cookies as fast as possible. The truly hard part was trying to photograph and giggle at the same time. Didn't quite work that way! :-)
      I stopped by your party and left a note there! What fun!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  6. OMG...this is so cute...love the little Mad Hatter....ohhh sorry the little Alice to...Have a magical day you to sweeties...happy unbirthday
    Kerstin from germany
    Cobblestone Prims

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerstin! I stopped by your party and left a comment as well! What a magical time it was!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  7. There is no party more pleasant than in the company of innocent imagination...beautiful post :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. So clever and cute. I didn't expect it, which made it that much more magical.

    Author Dennis Higgins
    http://www.timepilgrims.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! These are about the cutest baby pics ever! Now I want grand babies! Lol
    Thanks for sharing tea with me. I tried to force these pictures on my teenage daughter but she didn't feel like baby pictures. I told her she was missing out on the cutest babe pictures ever!
    I'm ga ga for goo goo. Cheers luvvy, erin ; D
    Keytomyworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha...the "It's gone dark, Alice. It's gone dark!" comment and photo made me guffaw with laughter. Just a lovely series all around. Thanks for letting me be a party of your special day. If you have time, drop by my tea party. I always love to share tea and nibblies with new friends. :)

    http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/852341.html

    http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/851974.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious! Your photography skills are amazing!! You're welcome to visit me or a spot of tea @ http://dandeliontwist.blogspot.com/2014/07/its-good-day-for-mad-tea-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful...to add the children, they are beautiful and original. Thank you for inviting me. Please wander over to my party and have a look around. momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love when the babies are involved! So FUN! thank you for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am grinning like the Cheshire cat! ADORABLE!!!! Thank you for this lovely tea party! Cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Goodess... This certainly takes the cake in the cuteness department! THANKS for adding so many smiles to our magickally MAD TEA PARTY today!!! -xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely darling!!!! :-)
    ~Carmen~

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh so CUTE! Absolutely lovely!!!!!!!! love the picture with the foot on the table! lol omg adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goooooooodnesssss!! How beyond precious and sweet on every level! I am literally in love!!

    Thank you so much for joining in the Mad Tea magic!
    A very merry unbirthday to you!

    <3 Vanessa {A Fanciful Twist}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! I am so happy that you keep these wonderful parties going every year! Its the one time of the year that I feel most connected to so many other kindred spirits at once time! Just magical indeed!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  19. These children are so precious! I hope they didn't have tummy aches after the Mad Tea Party! That was a lot of tea and cupcakes!. Your photography is divine.
    A very merry unbirthday to all!!
    Ta! Ta!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Merry Unbirthday to you too! :-) I enjoyed your party today as well! Thank you!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  20. So adorable! Judging by those photos I think your photography business is going to do very well! :-)

    http://phoenixra.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/fairyland-goes-tea-party-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That totally rocked! great kids, great props (love the tea pot and hat), great pics!
    thanks for the invite.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! So glad you enjoyed it!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  22. I don't have any children for a tea party, but I think next year I will throw a party for my next door neighbor's grandchildren because your children's party was precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoyed your beach garden party tremendously!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  23. Oh my! This might just be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. How sweet! They looked like they were having a lovely time!

    http://broomsticksandlace.blogspot.ca/2014/07/a-fanciful-twist-mad-tea-party-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed it, yes they had a great time and we had to practically hose them down after ward, there was cake in every little part of their being! :) Fun memories though!
      I enjoyed my visit to your party and left you a note there!

      xoxo
      Gigi

      Delete
  24. Such a cute idea! Enchanting. Its always nice to have a bit of history and the cute pictures told the story beautifully!

    Moments Divine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed your party as well. I am one that gets caught up in the rush so that gentle reminder was perfect! Thank you again!

      Delete
  25. Fabulous!! Your celebration is delightful, my Dear...I'm so glad I stopped by!
    Hugs,
    Anne
    www.alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com
    (Now following you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed my visit to your party as well! So happy to be following you as well! :-)

      Delete
  26. Adorable pictures and they looked to be enjoying themselves highly. A most excellent party and we're all very lucky to have been given a peek. Merry Unbirthday to you and the tea drinkers in your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanted to return the sweet compliments as I felt the same way about your merry celebration, my Dear! Your photos are splendid! I definitely want to "look around" some more on your lovely blog, and am adding it to my "blog roll" on my sidebar (because I am such a visual person, I need to SEE you...LOL...or my good intentions will leave my head!)
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Alice! Alice! It's all gone dark! I love this! What a happy Mad Tea Party and what a lovely time everyone seems to have had. I remember that childhood recipe for fresh tea, pour all the water in the cups back into the teapot. The Mad Hatter and I think alike! Lovely photos. Lovely models! Thank you for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved your tea party. Tea please for me too!
    Oh how I would love to get lost in that hat.
    You must have a lot of patience. Having a
    grandson in that age range I know how clever
    you need to be and quick too, snapping photos
    and then adding a story. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your photos are just magical and Alice and the hatter are just too precious!
    They look like they are having a ball!
    So glad found your delightful site - will be back to visit again
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your tea party! Hatter and Alice are just adorable!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello! :) Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog! I appreciate it! You won one of my heart ornaments! :D please email me at sweetangelmt@hotmail.com with your address. :D Thank you!
    maria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails